Plum and Ginger Crumble (gluten free)
16-18 small plums
2-3 pieces candied ginger, in syrup
200g rice flour
65g golden brown sugar
100g ground almonds
- Pre-heat oven to 180oC and grease your baking dish with butter.
- To prepare the plums, cut them in half and place in a bowl. Pour boiling water over the plums and leave for five minutes. This blanches the plums and makes it easier to remove the skins. Chop the plums and layer at the base of the baking dish.
- Chop the candied ginger finely and sprinkle over plums. Drizzle the syrup from the ginger over the plums to sweeten.
- To make the crumble mix, add the flour, sugar and butter to a bowl and rub the butter in until the mixture resembles breadcrumbs. Add the ground almonds and a teaspoon of cinnamon and mix well.
- Spread the crumb mix over the fruit and bake for 20mins. Enjoy!